Saturday, November 20, 2010

Searching for a Samsung Focus in Vancouver, Canada

I've been trying to get my hands on a Samsung Focus for the Rogers network since the Windows Phone 7 launch.

On the first day I called my local Rogers Wireless to see if they had any stock. I was promptly told they wouldn't have any until the end of the month but I could order them online. I tried calling to order one but I was told by the call center that they were only available through the website and not via a live person (no idea why).

So after 3 attempts to order through the website I got tired of seeing the "unable to process credit card" message and I decided to wait.

Last week I saw a Best Buy flyer listing the focus so I promptly headed into the closest location - no luck - although they're advertising they have no stock. I called a second location just to be sure. Best of all, no one seems to know when they'll be in stock.

Just for fun I dropped into Futureshop where I saw a well placed advertisement for the focus on the Rogers Wireless display table but again I was told they wouldn't have them until next week (they hope ... ).


So it looks like Samsung hasn't been able to meet demand which I'm hoping is a reflection on the popularity of the phone and not a production issue.


As soon as I'm able to get my hands on a device I'll post some pictures a quick comparison to a couple of other phones. I've already tried a colleague's HTC Surround and from what I've seen the WP7 phones are worth the wait. I can't wait to upgrade from my Palm Treo Pro.

No comments: